Friday, December 20, 2013

A Christmas Post

I saw a free embroidery pattern yesterday on the Wild Olive blog and immediately got down to stitching one up.



It's part of Mollie's "25 Crafts of Christmas." Adorable!  And it stitches up quick because it's so teeny.

(Find the pattern in this post.)


I don't know if any of you watch any Cartoon Network at your houses but I just love Adventure Time and this little, swaddled Christ-child kind of reminds me of Finn when he sleeps.



Speaking of Adventure Time, that reminds me of this quote by Cake the cat!


"Sweet babies!"

I'm a sucker for nativity sets.  More specifically, I can't resist rescuing orphaned saviors when I find them lost and alone among an incomplete crèche.  And while I don't want you to read too much into this, I do want to share my collection of baby Jesus figurines with you today.



Wait! Where are you going??




I'm amazed at the variety of little messiah repre-sentations out there...



Don't forget cookie cutter Jesus!











I'm not crazy.  Really.  They all live in an old Coca-Cola crate hanging on my wall.  But I am working my way up to one of those blow mold light-up ones someday...


Now I'm working on another project from Wild Olive (find the pattern post here.)





I cannot help myself.  They bring me joy!  And joy is what I wish for you this holiday season.



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!



~Kristin








Adventure Time  ™ & © Cartoon Network 



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to my pattern and tutorials! Your collection is truly beautiful. My mom collects Nativity sets, and it is always so much fun to see what kinds of unique pieces we can find. Sadly, I just missed out on a set of vintage cookie cutters of the holy family!

    Also, I love the Finn comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for coming by (and for commenting!) I've always loved them too. I'm ever on the lookout. Have you seen the paper sets at Made by Joel? You just print it out and voila! http://madebyjoel.com/2013/12/travel-size-paper-city-nativity-scene.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cute. I'm new to Adventure Time but love it, it looks a lot like the drawing style I've had for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely joyful! I wish you the same Kristin!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you again for visiting AndChips!