Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pillow Poppin'

Of course it's super dark and snowy today so I couldn't get a great photo before sending off this pillow to my swap partner but you get the idea of just how cute and soft it is, right?  It's made for a 20-inch cushion insert.



In the warm glow of the sewing room light...

The little Airstream trailer (my favorite!) is foundation-pieced from a pattern I picked up for one dollar during the Minnesota Quilt Shop Hop this summer.  The silver is actually aluminized fabric made for ironing board covers which was fun to work with.  The trees are raw-edge appliquéd and then quilted over in concentric rings.  The word, "NOEL" is quilted too; I used blue, 100-weight cotton Aurifil thread (the one on the grey spool.)


On the back, I quilted horizontal lines over the Moda Oh Deer! aqua print.  The top includes a small appliqué fawn and for that quilting, I just followed the dotted lines on the Angela Walters' Legacy hexagons.  I added a zipper and a label under the flap.


  You might be thinking, "Not another white pillow cover!"  But yes.  I cannot help myself.  It's in the mail now...on its way to a faraway land.  This was for the Pillow Talk Swap - Holiday Edition - on Flickr.

Now it's on to the next sewing project...or perhaps putting up the Christmas tree...or maybe just pressing my nose up against the frosty windowpane in anticipation of the postwoman and possibly a pillow for me!  


(That's a lot of P's!)

-Kristin

4 comments:

  1. Fun cushion! Love the deer appliqué on the back too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, shucks! (I think the fawn is my favorite part too.)

      Delete
  2. Holy great $1 investment because that cushion front is just delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! (And I have 7 more little trailer patterns as well...)

      Delete

Thank you again for visiting AndChips!