Monday, March 18, 2013

Builder's Grade


If you're one of those people (and I'm beginning to think that means EVERYONE) who hates honey-oak trim, beige carpet and white walls - well - you're not going to like it at my house.  But to me, it's a gallery space with warmth and a place where every color looks just right.

See more from my photo shoot over at the MMQG blog where I posted this week about hanging and displaying quilts.

If you're sticking around to admire that purse in the photo, however, welcome!  I got it in the Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild's bag swap at our February meeting.  A talented gal named Rozina made it and I couldn't love it more.  I immediately dumped the contents of my purse into it, threw it over my shoulder and haven't looked back.

Here's the one I made:



It's from the Tohoku Tote pattern/tutorial by Cheri at her "I am Momma, Hear me Roar"blog.


I followed the pattern except for adding this internal zipper pocket.  I found this tutorial helpful.


The prints are from IKEA; the black is duck cloth from JoAnn Fabric but I didn't like the way it faded when I ironed it.  All in all a fun swap.  We're doing name tags next.  Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Greetings from MY home, complete with honey-oak trim, beige carpeting and white walls! lol I'm so glad I continued reading, to see that it wasn't an insult at all. ;) We're starting to add a little bit of paint here and there, but that's okay - my husband won't let me hang up my quilts. Your purses - both to and from - are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! Us 'oakies' gotta stand together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you again for visiting AndChips!