Sunday, September 9, 2012

Book Review

Lately I've been haunting the library one county over in order to sample, in-person, many of the crafty books I hear about online.  So far, my two favorites have been Wee Wonderfuls: 24 Dolls to Sew and Love by Hillary Lang and  Dare to Be Square: A Block-by-Block Guide to Making Patchwork and Quilts by Boo Davis.  (These are both from 2010 - I am so hip.)  I would definitely invest in these two as they are full of super cute, useful and gift-worthy, awesomely do-able, fun sewing projects.  So far, I've made the two wee-est dollies from Wee Wonderfuls:



Here are "Evelyn Inchworm" from page 9 and the "Doxie Necklace" from page 95.... And Chips.

I've been so into my sewing machine, I'm afraid I've neglected my hand-sewing skills; they have a ton of mistakes personality.

Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you again for visiting AndChips!