|My new prize from the MMQG Pincushion Swap:Thanks, Annik, I love it!|
In April when I participated in Sew, Mama, Sew!'s Giveaway Day, more than one hundred people visited this blog and twenty-five of those were kind enough to answer my request for advice they'd offer to a new sewing blogger. Here's what they said:
- Link up with other, bigger blogs.
- Consistently post.
- This is more difficult than it sounds...But I'm thinking about the blog often so there's hope!
- Offer free tutorials and original patterns.
- I've only done the one so far.
- Make the blog easy to navigate as it grows.
- Your input here will be very welcome.
- Get involved with swaps, bees, and quilt-alongs.
- I participated in the Beginner's Quilt-Along
- For swaps, I love Flickr : RATZ, MiniQT, Scrappy Mug Rug, DQS13...
- My first bee will begin this January!
- And of course, joining a guild should be on this list because they cover all the bases.
- Take the best photos you can.
- One said to snap in the shade on a sunny day and I've been thinking about staging shots
- Conduct giveaways.
- Be honest.
- Have fun with it.
More than anything, this blog documents a journey I continue to enjoy and it serves as a door, open to anyone who passes by. Come in and take a look around and comment, please!
I think the next step for me will be to put more effort and personality into this blog. I want to design some projects of my own to share with others and see where that takes me.
More than anything, I'm humble and thankful for what a free sewing machine and a terrific community have done for me at this time in my life. I'm pleased and I'm lucky and I'm looking forward to what the future holds.
Next post: finished project!