Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another Block Down


This is the fourth block in the Beginner's Quilt-Along.  I think part of what worked so well with Block 3 was the balance of color/shade/scale.  Lacking additional larger sized prints and low on darks, I did add in the blue spools (not sure what they are, I picked it up as a fat quarter at The Noble Quilter.)  The yellow is from A Stitch in Time with Mother Goose by Amy Barickman.

Oh yeah, and I added machine applique too.  I haven't used stabilizer before but I knew it might pucker so I ironed on some freezer paper.  Worked fine!

Also, I have to say: What a day yesterday!  I'm so glad to have visitors to And Chips and the comments are great.  You all rock!  In honor of this experience I added a Happy Blogger button from one of my favorites, Happy Loves Rosie.  (If you haven't, check out her vintage caravan/camper - it is what my dreams are made of!)  Thanks again for stopping by.

~MissEnota Minnesota

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you again for visiting AndChips!