Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Another day, another project.  This one is for my mom, Sharon.  The bag is from a tutorial on Design Sponge and the needle book is the second one I've made from a simple pattern I found on Pinterest/ MyThreeSons blog.  The printed fabric is from mom's stash.  She gave it to me to make a lunch bag but I decided  to surprise her with this (I still have more to make all sorts of other things.)

At my urging,  we recently joined the Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild (this is my way of making her sew more - and with me; she's terrific at it but talks and reads far more about quilting than she actually quilts.)  Also, I just want to hang out with her much of the time because she is cool and laughs easily.  Inside is a new magazine, "Quiltmaker's 100 blocks Volume 5."  I hope she will tote projects and inspiration around proudly this summer and doesn't look too critically at my stitches.

I'm looking forward to the coming months, full of new projects and spending time with my family.




 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you again for visiting AndChips!