Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Session

Woohoo! Summer finally arrived in Minnesota and it is wonderful.  Warm.  Sunny.  Sticky. Busy.  I just got back from a week of raod-tripping and visiting family in Montana, Idaho, and North Dakota. They were experiencing a little bit of that heat wave that hit the western United States last week...and let's just say that all the stores were out of fans and swimming pools.  But it was gloriously fun and we saw lots of animals (see below) and now we came home with a new appreciation for air conditioning in the house!


I haven't sewn much of anything for the last couple of weeks except for these last two blocks for the Modern Stash Quilting Bee on Flickr.  The design is called Twirling Asterisk and it's by Janine at Rainbow Hare Quilts.  I drew up a quick template (it finishes at 11 inches.)










If you think about it...these are just half square triangles so the possibilities are endless!  This pair is on its merry way to Scotland but I think I'll make some more for myself soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you again for visiting AndChips!