Friday, September 13, 2013

Sit & Stay

Two new pillows at my house y'all!  (I mean, seriously...the white pillow party has to stop sometime but come on.  Aren't they cute?)

Simply click on any of the photos in this post to see them enlarged.
















Meet Sit:





And Stay:



Wait.  Somebody photo-bombed that last shot but you get the idea...

It's tricky to photograph but I stitched the words "sit" and "stay" on the backs of the pillows.  Because I used white thread on white polka dots, it sort of blends in but it's a nice surprise when you snuggle in close with your little pillow pals.



I'm really pleased with the effect.  These started out as some simple embroidery from free patterns online (because I was IN LOVE with this one I found at Hopscotch Lane...and I already had the polka dots.)  Since I long ago stitched my English-paper-pieced hexies into another pillow, I decided to finish these for the summer handwork challenge at my guild.  I just love wooden embroidery hoops, hangers, clothespins, you name it.  So in order to add my own spin, I added embroidery hoops with raw-edge appliqué.  I quilted one with a compass star pattern and the other with a sort of life bouy shape.  They are 16 inches square.



That's what I've been up to.




And did I mention I won another block lottery at the Minneapolis MQG meeting?  Did I mention only three of us made the Cathedral Window blocks?!


Anywho...what should I make with them?  They are each ten inches.  I'm thinking anything from a sewing machine cover, a window valance, a pet bed, or a bigger quilt.

I think I may have a vital source for some more 1930s prints...






       But that's enough for now.  It's the weekend!



See ya.

Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you again for visiting AndChips!